The aim of this call is to provide support for a small group of 2 to 4 Principal Investigators to jointly address ambitious research problems that could not be addressed by the individual Principal Investigators and their teams working alone. Synergy projects should enable substantial advances at the frontiers of knowledge and its transformative research should have the potential of becoming a benchmark on a global scale.Synergy Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 10 000 000 for a period of 6 years. The maximum amount of grants is reduced pro rata temporis for projects of a shorter duration. An additional amount of EUR 4 000 000 in total can be requested in the proposal to cover (a) ‘start-up’ costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment and/or (c) access to large facilities and/or (d) other major experimental and fieldwork costs, excluding personnel costs.The complete proposal is composed of:
- Administrative proposal forms (including Ethics Review Table);
- Research Proposal (Parts B1 and B2) uploaded in the submission tool as PDF files;
- Host institution(s) binding statement(s) uploaded in the submission tool as PDF files;
- Ethics review self-assessment (if applicable) and supporting documentation.
- ERC Work Programme 2024;
- European Research Council Rules of submission and evaluation under Horizon Europe, and the related methods and procedures for peer review and proposal evaluation relevant to the specific programme implementing Horizon Europe;
- Guide for ERC Peer Reviewers – applicable to the Synergy Grant call, provides practical information on the evaluation process.
Results from others calls: 156 Synergies Grants with a total budget of 1581 M€ (Portugal has no SynG). CONSULT HERE.
Deadline is 8 November 2023!